- Log into your administrative dashboard and select WooCommerce > Settings.
- Scroll down and click on the checkbox “Enable tax rates and calculations”
- Scroll down and click on the “Save changes” button
- A New tab appears that says “Tax”
- Click on the link that says “Standard rates”
- Click on “Insert Row”
- Here is an example for Colorado.. This will charge 2.9% tax anywhere in Colorado. You could add additional rows for collecting tax by zip code it you need to collect local taxes:
- Note: You are required to collect taxes for anywhere where you have “nexus” (in your case probably Colorado and Missouri. You are also required to collect taxes in any state where you sell more than 100,000 in sales or 200 orders. See this article for more info, which also describes how to set up automated taxes (you still have to remit the proper amounts to each state, but it does the calculations for you):
If you have questions or need help, reach out to me.
By the way, I am starting an online mastermind / bi-weekly class for like-minded online shop owners to get together and share topics like this with each other and their experiences. I’ve been running a 5-day introductory course leading up to this. Here is the page that describes this program: https://webstoresltd.com/masters/
If you are interested, I am giving long-time customers the opportunity to participate for the first 3 months at no charge. Let me know!
Have a great weekend,