Previously, I talked about the importance or blogging and what happened when I failed to deliver. This week I’m going to tell you the opposite. You see, I am fully aware that 99% of business owners will never blog on a consistent basis. They will never get interviewed on a podcast, much less start their own podcast show. They aren’t going to post 4 or 5 times every day on Social media channels like Gary Vaynerchuk recommends.
In fact, if you are doing all those things, you probably aren’t running your business. There simply has to be a better way for small business owners to effectively market their products and services without spending countless hours and becoming a slave to technology. There is, and I call it my one page marketing plan. All it takes is about 5 minutes per week and you will be way ahead of most small businesses.
Here is the simplified version:
- Identify your Ideal Customer Avatar (ICA). All website copy and all ad copy will be created for the benefit of this ideal customer, rather than talking about your business. we will use the WIIFM (whats in it for me) philosophy.
- Get a Google My Business (GMB) listing and make sure it is verified. This is what a GMB listing looks like:
- Get a text-only phone number and create a keyword for the company, such as VIP to get the lead magnet. Put this on all marketing collateral including ads, signs, business cards. Call WebStores to get this set up. The goal is to collect leads that can be marketed to, not just to have someone visit a website or call. We want to collect contact information.
- Make a YouTube ranking video. Make sure it links to your website to promote your GMB listing.
- Send an email to your list. Make it like a personal letter to a friend, not a slick marketing piece. Personalize it with the customer’s name, talking directly to your ICA. Talk about what is going on in your life and what is coming up this month (holidays, birthdays, events). Ask them for referrals, reviews, and testimonials. Include information on sales, coupons, and other promotions with relevant links to your website.
- Do a Facebook Live video once a week for 5 minutes or less. Present a tip or highlight a customer case study. This is NOT a commercial, it is informational only. The video becomes a regular Facebook video once the live is over, so it remains on your page. In the description, add a single call to action that is the same every time: Text “VIP” to join our VIP list. (You don’t want to have them call or visit a website – you are trying to collect their contact information).
- Upload that same video to YouTube. Copy and paste the same call to action in the description as above to the YouTube description, but add a link to your website (for SEO purposes).
- Auto-embed all your YouTube videos onto a page on your website (set this up once so it doesn’t take any time). That’s it – one simple 2 to 5 minute video per week that you can record with your cell phone.
- Send a text message to your opt-in list reminding them to watch your weekly video and let them know about any specials you might have.
Would you like the complete version?
Just text PLAN to 303-529-8804 and I’ll send you the complete 1-page marketing plan so you can get all the details.
Note: By providing my cell phone number I agree to receive texts to that number from WebStores Ltd.including messages that may be prerecorded. Msg & Data Rates May Apply. Text STOP to opt out.
Greg Jameson has been writing blog articles on ecommerce and internet marketing for over 10 years. Learn more about Greg at https://webstoresltd.com/about/