People use the Internet to find information. If your site doesn’t provide the information they are looking for, they will go somewhere else. You need to give your visitors as much information about your products as you can. Generally speaking, more is better. One way to do this is to publish how-to articles on your own ecommerce website. How-to articles can attract traffic, improve your search position, engage visitors, increase time visitors spend on-site, and help to establish your brand and expertise.
Writing effective how-to articles can be as simple as creating a series about your product line. People like to compare features before they buy, and they are often searching for timely information on installing, assembling, and using a product.
Some valuable how-to topics for articles (and even YouTube videos) could include:
• What kind of product should I buy?
• How to choose between product A and product B.
• Which version is best for me?
• Why use product X versus other products?
• How to install and/or assemble product X.
• How to use product X.
• Five ways to use product X to create __.
• Ideas for using product X in your home office, school, and car.
• How not to use product X.
• Achieving a certain effect with product X.
• How to achieve _?
• Accessories guide for products.
• Reference and comparison charts for products.
Online shoppers are looking for assurances that your store will have the expertise and willingness to help them if there are any questions after the sale. How-to articles can boost consumer confidence because they demonstrate that you know real-world facts about your products.
Articles can also help reduce phone support expenses when you provide answers for the most commonly asked questions. A good article directory makes it easy for potential customers to surf your online store for answers, rather than clicking away in search of answers and into the arms of your competitor’s store.