- In with Galaxy S20, out with the Galaxy S11? This is Samsung's chance to shake up the brand - CNETby Jessica Dolcourt on January 21, 2020 at 2:24 am
New phone, new name, new chance to reinvent Samsung's flagship phone brand.
- Uber Sells Food Delivery Business in Indiaby Vindu Goel and Kate Conger on January 21, 2020 at 1:56 am
The ride-hailing giant agreed to sell Uber Eats in India to rival Zomato, continuing its recent efforts to exit money-losing businesses.
- Uber has agreed to sell Uber Eats in India to Zomato for 9.99% share in the company; all delivery drivers and basic customer information to be transferred over (New York Times)on January 21, 2020 at 1:45 am
New York Times:Uber has agreed to sell Uber Eats in India to Zomato for 9.99% share in the company; all delivery drivers and basic customer information to be transferred over — The ride-hailing giant agreed to sell Uber Eats in India to rival Zomato, continuing its recent efforts to exit money-losing businesses.
- Self-healing bacteria bricks could help us build on the moon or Mars - CNETby Leslie Katz on January 21, 2020 at 1:34 am
This construction Franken-material's alive -- and it could be a more sustainable solution for building.
- A look at Personio, a cloud-based software platform for HR and recruiting, which raised a $75M Series C led by Accel at a ~$500M valuation (William Feuer/CNBC)on January 21, 2020 at 1:30 am
William Feuer / CNBC:A look at Personio, a cloud-based software platform for HR and recruiting, which raised a $75M Series C led by Accel at a ~$500M valuation — - Hanno Renner, 29, was a yacht skipper while at college in Munich and began Personio with a group of three friends.
- Best flower delivery services in 2020 - CNETby Chowhound Staff on January 21, 2020 at 12:52 am
Because who has time to go to professional florists?
- Soft Robotics, maker of gripping and sorting machines for warehouses that use a vision system and AI to report real-time metrics, raises $23M Series B (Kyle Wiggers/VentureBeat)on January 21, 2020 at 12:40 am
Kyle Wiggers / VentureBeat:Soft Robotics, maker of gripping and sorting machines for warehouses that use a vision system and AI to report real-time metrics, raises $23M Series B — Soft Robotics raised another $23 million to continue developing its solutions to the seemingly intractable problems gripping and sorting machines face.
- Oscars 2020 predictions and snubs: Parasite, Joker, The Irishman, Once Upon a Time…in Hollywood - CNETby Jennifer Bisset on January 21, 2020 at 12:32 am
Does Parasite's air-punching SAG award win make up for Greta Gerwig's snub for best director? (No.)
- David Lynch goes full David Lynch in a bizarre short film for Netflix - CNETby Bonnie Burton on January 21, 2020 at 12:22 am
Spoiler-free review: The director's new black-and-white film What Did Jack Do? is a wonderful Lynchian treat (about a murderous monkey, obviously).
- Huawei CFO's lawyer attacks U.S. extradition case in Canadian trialon January 20, 2020 at 11:53 pm
A lawyer for Huawei Chief Financial Officer Meng Wanzhou argued on Monday that "double criminality" was at the center of a trial to decide whether she can be extradited to the United States, a case that has strained relations between Ottawa and Beijing.
- Extradition Hearings Begin for Meng Wanzhou, Huawei Officer Held in Canadaby Dan Bilefsky on January 20, 2020 at 11:44 pm
A Chinese executive wanted by the U.S. may be passing her days in a Vancouver mansion, but friends say she is “trapped” in a gilded cage.
- Macron and Trump declare truce in digital tax disputeon January 20, 2020 at 11:20 pm
French President Emmanuel Macron said on Monday he had a "great discussion" with U.S. President Donald Trump over a digital tax planned by Paris and said the two countries would work together to avoid a rise in tariffs.
- Trump, Macron agree important to complete digital services tax talkson January 20, 2020 at 11:19 pm
U.S. President Donald Trump and French President Emmanuel Macron agreed on the importance of completing a successful negotiation on the digital services tax, the White House said on Monday.
- How Boeing’s Responsibility in a Deadly Crash ‘Got Buried’by Chris Hamby on January 20, 2020 at 11:15 pm
A study that blasted Boeing after a 2009 accident was never made public. Other criticisms were tempered by investigators after the company and U.S. safety officials objected.
- Study of ~4M open-source packages: in 2019, 67% relied on use of permissive licenses like Apache, up 3%, while only 33% used restrictive "copyleft" licenses (Thomas Claburn/The Register)on January 20, 2020 at 11:15 pm
Thomas Claburn / The Register:Study of ~4M open-source packages: in 2019, 67% relied on use of permissive licenses like Apache, up 3%, while only 33% used restrictive “copyleft” licenses — Share all our code modifications with others? Think again, hippie — Permissive open-source software licenses continue …
- Tesla rebuffs U.S. safety recall petition, says no unintended acceleration in vehicleson January 20, 2020 at 11:06 pm
Tesla Inc said on Monday there was no unintended acceleration in its vehicles, as it responded to a petition to a U.S. safety regulator to investigate and recall around 500,000 of the company's electric cars over the alleged defect.
- Right now Harman/Kardon's SB 26 soundbar with powered wireless subwoofer is just $180 - CNETby Dave Johnson on January 20, 2020 at 10:15 pm
This excellent home theater sound system is 70% off the $600 list price.
- Boeing seeks $10 billion in loans as 737 Max crisis continuesby Jon Brodkin on January 20, 2020 at 9:45 pm
Planes still grounded as another software problem was disclosed Friday.
- Save a small fortune by buying this $22 Apple Pencil alternative - CNETby Dave Johnson on January 20, 2020 at 9:12 pm
The Aceirst Stylus Pen combines the best of the old and new Apple Pencil styluses and works with all the most recent Pencil-compatible iPads.
- Yes, even Elon Musk and Jeff Bezos would get $1,000 under Andrew Yang's plan - CNETby Richard Nieva on January 20, 2020 at 9:05 pm
Yang and the other high-profile presidential candidates spoke at the Brown and Black Forum in Des Moines, Iowa.
- Cyberpunk 2077: Release date pushed back and everything else we know - CNETby Morgan Little on January 20, 2020 at 9:05 pm
The future is just a little longer away.
- Alphabet CEO backs temporary ban on facial-recognition, Microsoft disagreeson January 20, 2020 at 9:03 pm
The EU's proposal for a temporary ban on facial-recognition technology won backing from Alphabet Chief Executive Sundar Pichai on Monday but got a cool response from Microsoft President Brad Smith.
- This 2-port USB car charger is still on sale for just $5.34 - CNETby Rick Broida on January 20, 2020 at 8:57 pm
Plug this into your car's power port to net one USB-C port and one Type-A.Advertisement
- Upgrade your exercise equipment for 2020: Save up to $400 on Bowflex gear - CNETby Dave Johnson on January 20, 2020 at 8:55 pm
Save hundreds and get free shipping on some of Bowflex's coolest equipment, including a treadmill, home gym and adjustable weights.
- Remote-control your stuff with this four-pack of 16-amp smart plugs for $18 - CNETby Dave Johnson on January 20, 2020 at 8:51 pm
These Gosund smart plugs operate high-amperage appliances but are slim enough that they don't cover the other outlet.