By Bruce, Support Advocate at YayCommerce.com
One crucial aspect of managing a WordPress website involves ensuring reliable email delivery, a task that can often be fraught with technical challenges. This is where the WP Mail SMTP settings using a plugin emerge as a vital solution.
WP Mail SMTP plugins are designed to enhance the email functionality of WordPress websites. Developed to address the common issue of emails from WordPress not reaching their intended recipients due to various factors, WP Mail SMTP provides a comprehensive and user-friendly approach to managing email deliverability.
Whether it’s contact form submissions, user registrations, password reset notifications, or any other email-based interactions, WP Mail SMTP steps in to streamline and secure the communication process.
WP Mail SMTP plugins will reroute outgoing emails through authenticated and reputable email service providers, such as Gmail, Outlook, SendGrid, and others.
By doing so, it minimizes the chances of emails being flagged as spam or not delivered at all. This plugin acts as a bridge between your WordPress website and email services, ensuring that your messages reach the recipients’ inboxes consistently.
In this article, you will learn about the SMTP setup for WordPress, and whether you’re a business owner seeking to enhance customer engagement or a WordPress developer looking to optimize your clients’ websites, understanding the capabilities of WP Mail SMTP plugins can be a pivotal step towards achieving a more robust and dependable email delivery system.
Benefits of Using WordPress Gmail SMTP
In addition to the features known through the introduction, WP Gmail SMTP also helps businesses quickly reach and attract more potential customers. It also brings the following benefits:
- The rate of successful email sending is higher than with conventional email-sending methods.
- Email Marketing costs are optimized and there is no Email registration cost.
- The rate of being marked as Spam Email is reduced.
- Gmail SMTP does not limit the emails sent in a day. This helps businesses or individuals who need to send many emails to use this service without having to worry about limits.
Why Use YaySMTP – Simple WP Mail SMTP to Set Up WordPress SMTP
YaySMTP emerges as a cutting-edge WordPress plugin dedicated to enhancing your email infrastructure by facilitating seamless connections with a diverse range of SMTP servers. While YaySMTP doesn’t directly manage the sending of emails, its core functionality lies in optimizing your WP Mail SMTP connections.
With YaySMTP, your WordPress website gains the power to establish direct links to various WP Mail SMTP servers, bolstering the reliability and efficiency of your email transmissions. This plugin serves as a bridge between your website and SMTP servers, ensuring that your email communication operates with heightened performance.
The YaySMTP plugin increases the performance of your email delivery significantly, which contributes to your email campaigns’ success. By streamlining the WP Mail SMTP connection process, YaySMTP plays a vital role in fortifying your WordPress email infrastructure, paving the way for smoother communication with your audience.
YaySMTP’s main features
The three main features of the YaySMTP plugin are as follows:
- Seamless Migration of SMTP Settings:
YaySMTP streamlines the transition process by allowing users to effortlessly import SMTP configurations from other popular WP Mail SMTP plugins previously used on their websites. With just a few clicks, your email system’s settings can be seamlessly transferred, ensuring a hassle-free integration with YaySMTP.
- Swift Email Log Export:
Experience the power of instantaneous data retrieval with YaySMTP’s Email Log Export feature. Within seconds, you can access comprehensive email log data for a specified period. By navigating to the Additional Settings section and selecting the Export Email log option, you’re presented with a range of customization choices. Tailor your log export by specifying general and additional fields, defining a date range, and applying content filters using the built-in Search function. A simple click on the Export button generates a CSV file containing the precise data you require.
- Advanced Email Log Management:
YaySMTP introduces a suite of Email Log Settings to amplify your email tracking and retention capabilities:
– Save Email Logs: Decide whether to preserve all sent emails within your site’s logs. Should the need arise to forego log preservation, a quick toggle is at your disposal.
– Personalized Logging: Tailor your email logs to your specific needs with the Basic/Full Information option. Customize the data displayed in your logs, including email subjects, recipients, and email statuses, ensuring a log that aligns perfectly with your objectives.
– Comprehensive Tracking: YaySMTP empowers you with two tracking options: Email Opened and Email Clicked Links. These features provide insights into recipient interactions. The Email Opened functionality alerts you when an email has been opened, while the Email Clicked Links option notifies you of any links clicked within the email.
– Flexible Log Retention: Define the duration for which email logs are stored with the dropdown menu. The default setting preserves logs for 60 days. It’s important to note that modifying the log retention period will result in the deletion of all existing logs from the database.
How to Set Up with YaySMTP
Set “From Email” and “From Name”
Having YaySMTP on your WordPress site, access to Settings Menu to enter your information and set up email. The first step you should take is to fill in the “From Email” and “From Name” before sending emails. Your customers will quickly realize your store or brand through the name on emails.
Choose an SMTP server as a Mailer
YaySMTP provides multiple SMTP services in the Mailer list. You can choose the server which is suitable for your purpose. You should take a look at all the features of these mailers before choosing.
PHPMailer is the default of WordPress, using PHPMailer helps you configure sending mail faster and easier. However, if you want to use email for marketing your online store, Sendinblue is a suitable server. It has the ability to bring many benefits to businesses in managing and optimizing Marketing campaigns.
Besides that, sending WordPress notification emails to yourself or a few users on your site is made easy with Gmail SMTP servers. They offer an SMTP service that ensures reliable and hassle-free email delivery from your WordPress site.
For more details to set up WordPress Gmail SMTP, choose “Other SMTP” and follow our guide below. We’ll configure more settings to connect to Gmail’s SMTP servers.
WP Mail SMTP Servers Available for Integration with YaySMTP Plugin
YaySMTP opens doors to a multitude of WP Mail SMTP servers, each offering distinct benefits to enhance your email communication. By integrating seamlessly with a range of options, you can optimize your outreach strategy. YaySMTP’s dynamic approach automatically transitions between these servers, progressively boosting your sending capabilities for an uninterrupted experience.
YaySMTP supports integration with the following WP Mail SMTP servers; PHP (WordPress default), SendGrid, Sendinblue, Amazon SES, Mailgun, SMTP.com, Gmail, Zoho, Postmark, Microsoft, SparkPost, Pepipost, Mailjet, Sendpulse etc.
The full potential of these SMTP mailers is activated once you’ve completed their respective setup processes which is explained in the official documentation page of the YaySMTP plugin.
To seamlessly integrate Gmail/Google Workspace SMTP with YaySMTP, follow these steps:
- Access the YaySMTP settings area and provide the following details:
– Host: smtp.gmail.com
– Encryption: TLS
– SMTP Port: 587 (or 465 using SSL encryption)
– Authentication: On
– Username: Your Gmail account email address (e.g., firstname.lastname@example.org)
– Password: Your Gmail account password
- Log in to your Gmail or Google Workspace account.
- Open the “Less secure apps” settings or directly access it here.
- Toggle the “Less secure apps” option to ON. Note that if you have 2-factor Authentication enabled, you will need to disable it temporarily before enabling this toggle.
By configuring these settings, you’ll establish a secure and reliable connection between your Gmail/Google Workspace SMTP and YaySMTP. This enables streamlined email communication and ensures your messages are sent smoothly from within your WordPress environment.
In conclusion, YaySMTP emerges as a formidable ally in elevating your WordPress email communication. By seamlessly integrating a wide spectrum of WP Mail SMTP servers, this innovative plugin transforms the way you connect with your audience. With its swift email log export, advanced email log management, and the potential to expand your sending limits through intelligent server transitioning.
This WP Mail SMTP plugin empowers you to optimize your email campaigns and communication strategies. Embrace the future of WordPress email management with YaySMTP and unlock the potential for enhanced engagement, seamless integration, and unparalleled control over your email communication landscape.
Meet Bruce, a passionate advocate for customers’ needs and a skilled communicator. With a background in customer service, Bruce understands the importance of listening to and addressing customer concerns.