A recent poll conducted by Opinion Research Corporation confirms what I have been saying all along – consumers are more likely to act based upon brand mentions in an article than they are from sponsored search engine links. In fact, 51% of internet users surveyed indicated that they are very likely or somewhat likely to take action after reading an online article with a brand mention, compared to 47% for email offers and only 39% for sponsored search engine links. This confirms what I was discussing in my last post – people don’t find out about your products through search engines – they find out about products through word of mouth. Search engines help people locate a product after they already know about it. Concentrate your marketing on getting work of mouth rather than SEO and you’ll see greater results.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
- The Lost Art of Customer Service February 14, 2024
- Use These Innovative Strategies To Scale Your Business February 10, 2024
- No one is interested in what you are selling February 7, 2024
- Email Reputation – What You Need to Know January 31, 2024
- Artificial Intelligence: The 21st Century Gold Rush January 24, 2024